|In Progress||1) Search for existing Service Provider's Company Profile|
| ||2) Select Service Provider's Company Profile or create a new profile|
| ||3) Gather new Web Service Details|
| ||4) Gather new Pricing Plan Details|
| ||5) Submit for approval|
| Search for Service Provider's Profile || |
Please fill out the following form so that we can search for the Service Provider's Company Profile in our database. If the company is not in our database, you will be given the option to add a new company profile.
| Summary of Form Requirements || |
In order to complete the entire Web Service Listing Form, you
will need to have all of the following information on hand. It is recommended that you print this
page and collect all of this information first before you start filling out this
Please keep in mind that it is important to fill in as many "Optional"
form field as possible. The more information you
provide, the more secure our users will feel with signing up for your
|| Service Provider's Company Info ||
Note: You will only be asked for
the following company information if this is your first listing in our
- Service Provider's Company Name - the name of the company
that provides this Web Service
- Company Address
- Company Homepage URL
- Sales Contact Phone Number - (Optional)
- Sales Contact Email
- Company Description - a mission statement
- Service Uptime Guarantee - (Optional) what
percentage of time per month do you guarantee your services will be up and
running. Example: 98.9%
- Downtime Compensation (SLA) - (Optional)
write a sentense or two on your policy for compensating clients if you fall
short of your uptime guarantee .
- Data Center Providers - (Optional) list the
companies that host your servers or specify "In House." Examples:
Exodus, Navisite, Digex, or "In House"
- Data Center Connectivity - (Optional) what
connections do your servers have to the Internet. Example: Multiple T1,
DS-3, OC-3, OC-12, etc.
- Serviced Regions - which regions
do you provide customer support for. (North America, South America,
Europe, Africa, Asia, Pacific Rim)
- Secure Delivery Methods - (Optional) list the
secure delivery methods you support. Example: SSL, VPN, Private Network,
Dial-up, WAN, etc.
- Support Email Response Time - (Optional)
Example: Within 24 Hours
- Support’s Phone Coverage - (Optional) Example:
24 Hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Is phone-based technical support free? (Yes or No)
|| Web Service Info ||
- Web Service Name - the name of the Web Service
you want us to list?
- Developer/Maker Name - the name of the company who developed the
Web Service itself. Example: Microsoft
- Developer/Maker's Homepage URL - the URL to the website of the
Developer/Maker. Example: http://www.microsoft.com
- Definition Language (WSDL version) - what is the Definition Language supported by this Web Service. Examples: WSDL 1.1
- Web Service Description - Description of Web Service and it's
features. Field is restricted to 255 Characters
|| Pricing Plan Info ||
- Plan Name - a short name or number that identifies this pricing
- Service Fees - this can be a flat fee per month for the specified quantity, or as a direct function of the quantity.
- Package Quantity - how much do you get for this Service Fees. Example: 5 Calls
- Definition File URL (WSDL file): - The URL to the Definition File (like a WSDL file) that would be used with this pricing plan.
- Setup Fee - is there an initial setup fee?
- Setup Time - how long does the initial setup take?
- URL to Pricing Description Page - URL to page where users can get
more information on pricing and signup.
- Trial Time - If there is a free trial period, how long is it?
- Online Demo Version - is there an online demo of the
Web Service that the user can try before signing up.
- URL to Trial/Demo - the URL to the Trial sign-up page or Demo
Note: You may add multiple pricing plans for the same Web Service. If
this is the case, you will need to provide this pricing plan information for
each of the pricing plans.